If you are on third phase of GAPS diet, you will be introducing some pancake. Just imagine what life would be without a different kind of recipe. You couldn’t live with just broth or meat stock alone. Thank God I have a refuge – the peanut butter pancake. Peanut is one of my favorite foods so when I read that it is allowed in GAPS diet I feel so relieved. Due to work (Oh well I need to work to buy the foods needed in my body, guess that’s life and sure that’s how it works) I would opt to buy organic peanut butter as I have no time yet to make home made peanut butter. So I am just ordering this online.
Start making your homemade peanut butter pancake following this very simple recipe.
1. Cook 1/8 part of squash. Smash it till it is very smooth.
2. Put 2 tbsp of organic peanut butter in, combine the 2 ingredients well.
3. When well combined, stir in 1 to 2 organic eggs in the bowl.
4. This formula is now ready to be fried.
5. Using a flat frying pan, heat a small part of butter. Then start frying the pancake. Fry each side for 1 min only.
6. Once brownish, take off from heat immediately.
7. Serve with raw honey and butter. I like it when it is still hot when served. I also drizzled it with dessicated coconut.
8. Pair it with avocado, berries for a healthier breakfast.
You can also use almond butter to substitute the peanut.
Hope this helps you in your journey through GAPS.