I have been looking for recipes for salads and I learned that carrots do well as a main ingredient. Carrots are not hard to locate when you are planning to go to the market and find one. It is common and nutritious, of course, because it is rich in antioxidants and minerals. Carrots have beta-carotene that can improve our vision and can also make our skin glow. Talking about ‘salad’, it will be made at ease and won’t consume almost all of your cooking time. And for a healthy recipe today, I will share this nutritious carrot salad with pineapple and potato.
Prepare the following ingredients:
2 medium carrots (peeled), 3 medium baking potatoes (peeled), 1 cup pineapple (diced), 1 tsp granulated white sugar, 4 cups water, 3/4 cups light mayonnaise, Salt and ground black pepper to taste, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Let’s start cooking!
1. Pour the water in a deep cooking pot, wait until it boils.
2. Add the carrots and potatoes then boil until the vegetables become soft (about 10-12 minutes).
3. Soak the boiled carrots and potatoes in a bowl with cold water to stop the cooking process.
4. Remove the vegetables from the bowl and pat dry using a paper towel. Slice the potatoes and carrots and place in a large bowl. Add the diced pineapple, toss gently, and set aside.
5. Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well. Taste the mixture and make sure that the salt and pepper is just about right.
6. Add the mayonnaise mixture on the bowl with potatoes. Gently toss until the mixture coats the potatoes, carrots, and pineapple.
7. Place it in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
This one’s yummy and oh so tempting! Enjoy!