People have been very keen in choosing products for oral care. Whatever our body looks may reflect to our personality so we should be mindful of our personal hygiene. It has been encouraged to brush our teeth twice daily to reduce plaques and prevent bacteria from entering our mouth after chewing. There are lots of oral care products in the market, in different brands and costs but why not make one for home use? It could be cheaper and safer at the same time. Here’s an organic toothpaste recipe that you could enjoy making during your leisure time.
3 tablespoons of baking soda
½ cup of coconut oil
2 small packets of stevia powder
20 drops of cinnamon essential oil or peppermint
10 drops of Grapefruit seed extract and myrrh extract (this is optional)
1. Slightly soften the coconut oil.
2. Combine the coconut oil with baking soda, stevia powder, peppermint and grapefruit seed extract (if there is).
3. Stir the mixed ingredients for several times while it is cool to keep the baking soda incorporated.
4. Put the mixture into the desired container.
5. Wait until it cools completely.
Dip your toothbrush in and scrape small amount onto bristles.