What is Alzheimer’s Disease?
According to experts, “Alzheimer’s Disease is a neurological disorder in which the death of brain cells causes memory loss and cognitive decline.” It is also the most common type of dementia that can cause problems with thinking and behavior.
I know all of us has a great fear of acquiring such kind of disease when we get old, but we can actually prevent it as early as now.
Alzheimers is not a normal stage and part of aging. There are elders who gets older but still maintain their sharp memories. Somehow, the ailments we acquire depends to the activities we do, and of course, to the foods we eat daily. In a nutshell, our lifestyle has a huge impact to our health.
In order to avoid or even cure abnormal protein clumps in our brain tissues (Alzheimer’s Disease), we must eat organic foods, vegetables and fruits. The most common prevention and natural remedy for it is the “Organic Coconut Oil”.
Organic Coconut Oil as Brain Food that Fights against Alzheimer’s Disease
Coconut Oil is free from cholesterol and trans-fat. It provides health benefits that enhance the health of our brains.
According to one of our reliable sources, the most suggested coconut oil that’s good for our health are those cold-pressed, non –hydrogenated, virgin coconut oil and mostly, organic.
Aside from the health benefits of coconut oil mentioned earlier, what makes it effective to prevent and cure Alzheimer’s Disease are the following:
- It contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) – a primary source of ketone bodies (help restore and renew neurons. Ketone bodies also help nerve function in your brain even after damage occurred.) In this case, you need two tablespoons of coconut oil per day to supply the needed 20 grams of MCT Therapeutic level in your body.
- It acts as an antioxidant and natural antibiotic
- It contains unique combination of fatty acids with medical properties
- It helps improve cholesterol by increasing the good cholesterol (HDL)
- It helps to boost thyroid function which helps to increase our energy
- It helps to develop the insulin use of our body
Foods to Avoid:
- Grains – can convert sugar in your body and may increase your insulin level
- Soy – eating soy food products can affect brain function. (Example: Tofu can intensify brain aging).
- Sugars (Fructose) – too much sugar and grain consumption can initiate insulin resistance (one of the most persistent motivations on brain damage)
- Artificial Sweeteners – can destroy brain cells specifically the ‘aspartame’.
Aside from being an Alzheimer’s Disease prevention and treatment product, coconut oil can also help to burn more fats, increase your energy, kills bacteria, viruses and fungi through its Lauric Acid, that can kill hunger and make you eat less, it can also improve blood cholesterol and help to lower your risk of heart disease, make your skin more moisturized, can help whiten your teeth and it may also protect hair against damage.
There are lots of health benefits we can get out of a certain organic Coconut. Aside from its oil, the coconut’s water, milk and other parts are useful too! You just need to love consuming it and surely, you’ll become one of those healthy people going organic.