More and more people are now switching to organic produce due to some health issues, we cannot blame them as organic is healthier and has more benefits compared to traditional produce. Here’s the reason why:
- Organic dairy farmers and ranchers use pure water, quality feed, fresh air, and healthy pastures, to make sure their organically raised animals grow at their own natural pace, without artificial growth hormones. The “use of antibiotics, synthetic hormones, and genetically modified organisms to intensify production in conventional agriculture practices which give rise to serious health questions,” ** are excluded from their operations.
- In addition to fresher foods and reduced fossil fuel consumption, the dollars you spend at a farmer’s are much more likely to find their way back into your community. Local growers thrive and you thrive on more nutritious, and better tasting food!
- Prohibit antibiotic and synthetic hormone use in organic meat and poultry.
- You can be safe in the knowledge that hydrogenated fats and controversial additives like aspartame, tartrazine and MSG are banned under organic standards.
- Organic farming reduces pollution and greenhouse gases released from food production by restricting the use of artificial chemical fertilisers and pesticides.
- Organic farms are havens for wildlife and provide homes for bees, birds and butterflies. In fact, plant, insect and bird life is up to 50% greater on organic farms.
- Organic standards insist that animals are given plenty of space and fresh air to thrive and grow – guaranteeing a truly free-range life.
- GM crops and ingredients are banned under organic standards. Choosing organic is an effective way to avoid GM in your diet.